Friday, January 23, 2015

Wednesday, January 14

Poetry

I have thoroughly enjoyed tonight's  homework. I love poetry, and there is a great selection for homework. I mean, just looking at "The Red Wheelbarrow" is inspiring. I wish I could be such an efficient writer to say so much in so few words! I love "The Brain Is Wider Than The Sky". I especially love the final stanza which implies a certain amount of divinity in the pursuit of knowledge. Again, so much said in 3 stanzas. Of all that we have read for tonight, I admire Auden's "Stop All the Clocks" the most. I guess that, having experienced grief, it is nice to have that solidarity  (even with a poet I've never met). Misery really does love company. I just can't believe how incredible it is, that the feeling of needing to bring the ongoings of the world to a halt is not something I alone have felt. The picture below is that of someone I love that I lost. I know all too well the devastation that Auden is writing about, and I know how it never really leaves us.
R.I.P Amelia Lynn Shambaugh
.

No comments:

Post a Comment