Friday, January 23, 2015

Tuesday, January 20th.

Poetry, again.

Honestly, I can't get enough of poetry in this class.  I am particularly excited to give my presentation tomorrow. I love sonnets, I really do. There is something to be appreciated in poets keeping to such strict structure (usually) . 14 lines has to be just enough space to get across a theme. "The World is Too Much With Us" (sonnet I am presenting tomorrow) cheats a little, not always keeping to perfect iambic pentameter. Even so, sonnet writing is no easy feat! Even in my Introduction to Creative Writing Class I took last year we attempted to write sonnets. I can only say attempt because writing a sonnet and writing a good sonnet are not the same thing, believe me. I guess that is one of my goals as a writer, to write a sonnet. Like Dr. Reed said in class; for some writing a sonnet is the beginning for some poets. For others, that is the epitome of poetry writing (Sorry Dr. Reed, I am paraphrasing a bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment