Friday, January 23, 2015

Thursday, January 15

Hamlet

I am so excited to watch Hamlet tomorrow in class. I LOVE the Mel Gibson version of the story. He plays a crazed Hamlet that it honestly a tad disturbing. Throughout high school as well as through personal interest, I've seen several different renditions of the play, but honestly I've got to say that Gibson's is one of my favorite. Working with Hamlet reminds me a lot of high school and freshman year here at Mercyhurst. For example, I found it adorable that a student in a creative writing class last year had such a bizarre dislike for Hamlet that he wrote about it in class.  Honestly, I don't know if it was everything by Shakespeare that set him off or just Hamlet, but it was entertaining all the same. Reading Hamlet again takes me back to high school though. I had some amazing English teachers in high school. Honestly, I don't think I had one that wasn't spectacular. I do remember one of them making us act out plays we would read in her class. Miss Meyer, senior year English class, made us act out Macbeth and Hamlet. I find it hilarious that the same play brought so much joy to her and so much misery to a fellow classmate last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment